Sunday, February 21, 2010

Older and Wiser.

When someone is a teenager and only going to college because they think that is the right thing to do, it is much different than someone who has been out of high school for a few years and decides to go back to school.

Speaking from experience, going back to school when you have been out of high school for a few years makes you appreciate the college experience much more. I had been out of school for five years when I decided to go back to college. It may seem strange to some, but I actually enjoy going to school now. School doesn't seem like a chore anymore. I am 22 now and I feel like going to school has made me have more confidence in myself. I actually believe that anyone can do anything as long as they put their heart and mind to it.

I believe that when most high school students graduate and move on to college, it is all about the partying and socializing experience. When you are older and in college, there is a much different view. People do not go back to school to pursue parties and friendships, they go back to focus on getting their degree and that is it. Overall, being older and going back to college makes you appreciate it so much more. Going back to school at age 22 does not only make me appreciate school as a whole, but I realized that my parents did a lot for me when I graduated high school. I realize how much of their money I wasted and how much of the teachers time I wasted. Now it is up to me to figure out tuition payment, cost of books and my normal bills all at the same time. It is not an easy thing but I believe that it will be worth every penny and every second when I have a degree and a career that I enjoy and I know I worked hard for.

No comments:

Post a Comment